This jewelry was created with the utmost love and care. Follow these simple steps to help keep your jewelry look its best year after year.
- Always store each piece separately, especially our expandable necklaces. The best way to store your necklaces is to hang them.
- Apply beauty products such as perfume, hairspray or deodorant before wearing your jewelry as certain chemicals in these products may damage the finish.
- Always remove your jewelry before swimming, bathing, doing household chores or using abrasive cleaners.
- If your jewelry requires further cleaning, use a mild soap, water and a soft cloth. Rinse with clean water and pat dry. Never use jewelry cleaner on Trend pieces. Jewelry cleaners are too harsh and may contain abrasives. We recommend using a polishing cloth for Precious pieces.
- Use a soft toothbrush to clean crystals if necessary.
- Make sure your jewelry is completely dry before storing.
- To avoid black markings either on your skin or the bangles, be sure to clean your bangles regularly. These markings are due to trapped oil and dirt in the metal and can be easily cleaned.
ALEX AND ANI Leather Goods go through an extensive tanning process. The leather is kept in drums to fully absorb the color. It is meticulously treated so that the texture is luxuriously soft. Each piece of our naturally distressed leather has its own unique characteristics; the variations in textures and color are to be expected. Our vintage-inspired, distressed leather was designed purposefully to look better over time. Follow these care instructions to keep your leather looking its best year after year.
- We recommend not using any leather spray on our products, as it may change the look of the leather.
- Use a mild soap and damp cloth to clean the leather and the inside of the leather. We suggest avoiding leather conditioner, as wear and tear is to be expected and will add character to these pieces. If you choose to protect your leather, test a small amount on an inconspicuous area of the product first. The protectant may cause the leather to darken in color. Avoid all oil-based protectants.
- Avoid exposure to intense weather conditions such as snow, rain, and direct sunlight.