Vintage-Inspired Oval Emerald and Diamond Earrings 1/8ctw
The elegant design of these vintage-inspired emerald stud earrings exude sophistication and style. Crafted from 10k yellow gold, these fashionable accessories feature two genuine oval emerald as their focal point and are framed by intricate detailing in white gold with 1/8ctw of diamond accents. Earrings measure 11mm in length and 9.5mm in width.
- Length: 11 mm
- Width: 9.5 mm
- Metal: 10k Yellow GoldYellow Gold: A yellow colored gold attained by alloying gold with a blend of copper and silver.
- Total Diamond Weight: 1/8 ctwCarat Weight: The actual weight of a single gemstone. The weight of a one carat diamond equates to 200 mg or 0.2 grams. Carat weight is often expressed as a decimal or as points. A one carat diamond is the same as 1ct. or 100 points; a 1/2 carat diamond could also be called .5ct. or a 50 point diamond. To make things complicated, gemstones have different densities. Meaning, a one carat diamond and a one carat amethyst are not exactly the same size. See our Education section regarding the "4 C's" for detailed information regarding Carat Weight.
- Stone Type: Genuine EmeraldEmerald: Probably the most expensive gemstone, this member of the beryl family can be valued higher than diamonds. Ranging in color from pure green to blue-green, the more vivid the tone, hue, and color consistency, the better the stone. Emeralds are the rare exception to the rule that inclusions are bad. In fact, gemologists use these flaws as evidence of the gem's authenticity. The gem's center should be as flawless as possible, however. Many stones are treated to mask the natural imperfections. Emeralds rate a solid 7.5 to 8 on the Mohs Scale, making them an excellent choice for jewelry. As May's birthstone, the emerald is said to offer the wearer protection from evil spirits, provide the gift of eloquence, and arouse both the intellect and the heart.
- Stone Color: Green
- Stone Shape: OvalOval: A gemstone or material cut to resemble an elongated circle.
- Quantity: 1
- Stone Type: DiamondDiamond: This popular and sought-after gemstone is composed of carbon. Diamonds can be found in a variety of colors, from colorless to yellow, brown, and even black. Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on earth and rate a 10 on the Mohs Hardness Scale. Diamond is also known as April's birthstone.
- Stone Shape: RoundRound: A gemstone or material cut or formed into a rounded shape.