Le Vian Couture® Passion Ruby™ and 1/2ctw Vanilla Diamonds® Halo 18k Vanilla Gold® Ring
All items on REEDS.com have a “Ship by” date listed. This date reflects the expected day the item will be shipped. This date takes into account sizing if needed, the day of the week, where the item is being shipped and other elements. It is possible that your order will ship sooner than stated. Once you add your item to the bag and select your shipping method, you will see the “Delivery Date” at checkout. This is the date you should expect your item to be delivered. It is possible that your order will arrive sooner. If you have multiple items in your shopping bag, the Delivery Date will default to the item with the latest date listed.
Ruby has the distinction of being the most valued gemstone throughout most of recorded history. Ancient Sanskrit referred to the ruby as the "king of precious stones", the bible found only wise and virtuous women more precious than rubies and the Persian sage al-Biruni wrote about rubies the first place in color, beauty and rank among all gems. The name Ruby comes from the Latin word ruber for its hue. The strength of red in the ruby depends on how much chromium is present—the more chromium, the stronger the red color. Chromium can also cause fluorescence, which adds to the intensity of the red color. The brilliant crimson color of this gem is associated with passion and love, making the ruby an ideal choice for engagement rings.
Vanilla Diamonds® are specially selected to adorn Le Vian® designs – from breathtaking one-of-a-kind red carpet favored designs in Vanilla Gold® to the trendsetting combination of Strawberry ‘N Vanilla® featuring the blushing hue of Strawberry Gold® topped with Vanilla Diamonds®.
- Metal: 18k White GoldWhite Gold: A white colored gold attained by alloying yellow gold, copper, nickel and zinc, then plating the resulting alloy with rhodium.
- Total Diamond Weight: 1/2 ctwCarat Weight: The actual weight of a single gemstone. The weight of a one carat diamond equates to 200 mg or 0.2 grams. Carat weight is often expressed as a decimal or as points. A one carat diamond is the same as 1ct. or 100 points; a 1/2 carat diamond could also be called .5ct. or a 50 point diamond. To make things complicated, gemstones have different densities. Meaning, a one carat diamond and a one carat amethyst are not exactly the same size. See our Education section regarding the "4 C's" for detailed information regarding Carat Weight.
- Stone Type: Genuine RubyRuby: Red corundum ranging in color from deep red to pink to brownish hues. Extremely valuable rubies are transparent and vivid or "pigeon's blood" red, display florescence in daylight, and often originate from Myanmar. Rating a 9 on the Mohs Scale, the ruby is second only to the diamond in toughness. Inclusions are common in natural rubies which do not display cleavage. As July's birthstone, rubies symbolize freedom, divinity, royalty, wisdom, and spirituality. Rubies are also said to inspire love, courage, confidence, and creativity.
- Stone Color: Red
- Stone Shape: CushionCushion: A gemstone shaped as a square or short rectangle with rounded edges.
- Quantity: 1
- Stone Type: DiamondDiamond: This popular and sought-after gemstone is composed of carbon. Diamonds can be found in a variety of colors, from colorless to yellow, brown, and even black. Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on earth and rate a 10 on the Mohs Hardness Scale. Diamond is also known as April's birthstone.
- Stone Shape: RoundRound: A gemstone or material cut or formed into a rounded shape.
Same Day Options
Need it today? Select Pick Up In Store or Curb Side options in checkout, where available.
Free Shipping & Returns
Free Standard (7-10 business days) on orders anywhere in the Continental U.S. Plus, extended Holiday Returns until January*.
Meet With An Expert
We're here to help! Schedule a virtual or in-store appointment with a jewelry professional.
Why wait? Order now, pay later. Choose the option that works best for you.
Say hello to Same Day Options!