David Yurman Châtelaine Ring with Turquoise and Diamonds in 18k Gold
- 18-karat yellow gold
- Cabochon Turquoise
- Pavé diamonds, 0.08 total carat weight
- Ring, 14mm
- Stone Type: Genuine TurquoiseTurquoise: A mineral composed of hydrated copper aluminum phosphate that ranges in color from sky blue to pale green and has a fairly low rating of 5 to 6 on the Mohs Scale. Turquoise has been considered a prized gemstone since ancient times by such geographically and historically diverse cultures as the Egyptians, the Chinese, the Persians, the Aztecs, and Native American tribes of the Southwest. As December's birthstone, turquoise is said to be a great healing stone both mentally and physically, to enhance psychic communication, and to protect travelers (physically and spiritually) from evil. Gemstones called "African Turquoise" are actually blue-green colored jasper.
- Stone Color: Blue
- Stone Shape: CushionCushion: A gemstone shaped as a square or short rectangle with rounded edges.
- Stone Type: DiamondDiamond: This popular and sought-after gemstone is composed of carbon. Diamonds can be found in a variety of colors, from colorless to yellow, brown, and even black. Diamonds are the hardest natural substance on earth and rate a 10 on the Mohs Hardness Scale. Diamond is also known as April's birthstone.
- Stone Shape: RoundRound: A gemstone or material cut or formed into a rounded shape.